The 2018 Lavaman Triathlon set for Sunday, March 25, 2018 is now SOLD OUT.
The 1st round of Charity Slot invitations have gone out.
So, check your email. if you are on the wait list.
You have 7 days to register at which point the slot will roll down to the next person on the wait list.
A Charity Slot requires that, in addition to the normal registration fees, you make a $100.00 donation to one of the non-profits supported by Lavaman in order to validate your registration.
Once you register, you will need to mail a check or money order for $100.00 made out directly to the non-profit that you select from the list.
Check or money order must be in US dollars. Once your check is received you will receive official notice that you are entered into the 2018 race and your check will be delivered to the non-profit.
The non-profits that Charity Slots will support this year are as follows:
1. PATH/LavaKids (Promoting an active and healthy lifestyle for our island Keiki by funding free run clinics and bike safety clinics);
2. Kona Hospital Foundation (Funding for trauma center);
3. Hospice of Kona (Provides support, education and care to those approaching their end-of-life ):
4. Daniel Sayre Memorial Foundation (Funding for firemen and EMT equipment);
5. Challenged Athlete Foundation –CAF (Funding for special prosthetics to allow amputees to participate in sports)
We thank you for your support of the local community and those groups that help with Lavaman and provide many of the volunteers that support you on Race Day.
Train Safe and we hope to see you at the Finish Line on Sunday, March 25 for “The Best Party in Triathlon.”