Aloha All, Registration is Open!
Here are a few reminders to make your Registration go smoother.
- Refund Policy - Be sure to read the Refund Policy prior to registering. You will be asked to confirm this during the Registration Process.
- USAT Membership -
- If you are already a member of USA Triathlon, be sure to have your membership card available to input during the registration process to avoid being charged the one-day license fee. If you need to renew your membership you can also do that on-line if it expires prior to the Lavaman Race Date
- If you are not a member of USA Triathlon, then you can join as an Annual Member through the registration process. Otherwise, you will be charged the one-day license fee for USA Triathlon. All USAT fees are non-refundable and are sent directly to USA Triathlon.
- Shirt Sizes - When inputting your shirt size, make sure to indicate whether you want the women's cut or men's cut. Traditionally the women's shirts have run small, so if you want it loose fitting, size up one to two sizes. Shirts will be made of a dri-fit fabric.
- Relay Teams - Prior to your first relay team member registering, please come up with your Team Name. This will make it much easier for your later registering team members. Each team member must register separately. It does not have to be done at the same time, but you must all register with the same team name.
- Wait List - Should you fail to register prior to Lavaman selling out, you may go to the Lavaman website and add your name to the Lavaman wait list. As slots become available, either through attrition or additional slots opening up, we will work from the wait list . All wait list slots will be Charity Slots, whereby an additional $100 donation will be required which will paid to one of the non-profits designated by the Lavaman. This is in addition to your regular entry fee. You will receive a receipt for the $100 donation, along with the name of the Charity and their 501 3-C number should you choose to file for a tax deduction for the donation.
- Lavaman Newsletters & E-mail Blasts - When there are changes or announcements and information we need to get to our registered athletes it will be sent out in either one of the Lavaman Newsletters or in an E-mail Blast. Please make sure to read these. Information contained in these, could be important to you including: hotel discounts, bike shipping, special sponsor offerings, schedule changes and general information to make your Lavaman experience the best it can be.
Current Volcanic Activity Impacts - We know you all are probably hearing the news reports of the ongoing volcanic eruptions in Puna. Puna residents have been very hard hit by the damage from the volcano and Lavaman will make sure that a good portion of our donations go to ongoing relief efforts in Puna. We do want you to know however, that other than a few extra voggy days, the impact to the west side of the Island has been minimal. This is especially true of the Waikoloa area, which has been clear and beautiful on most days. We do not expect any impact on the Lavaman from the volcanic activity